Sunday, February 21, 2016

Fashionate Fatima - Earrings and Bracelet


Here is a commissioned piece for a very special friend of mine. I made these pieces for her for protection and good health. 

"The Hamsa or Hand of Fatima is a talismanic symbol believed to protect one from harm against evil forces and bring goodness, abundance, fertility, luck and good health. The Hamsa icon not only has a special place in Judaism, it has also evolved to become regarded as a sacred and respected symbol in Islam, Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, Shamanism, Jain beliefs and in Anatolia." 
Source: hamsameaning.com

When I visited Morocco I was intrigued by the Hand of Fatima, which I believe is beautiful. The meaning and beauty behind the Hand of Fatima inspired me to make a series of jewelry called "Fashionate Fatima." 

Interested in a custom made JETTA SKY piece of jewelry? I can be contacted via jettasky3@gmail.com or 917.519.2199
Thank you for viewing and Many Blessings to You!! 
JS*

No comments: